About Me

My photo
Chocolate and coffee make me happy!!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Chopped Salad!

Shout out to the great city of Chicago and one of the most famous restaurants there....Portillos!.  If you get a chance to travel to the Chicagoland area, this is a MUST stop.  Plus they have expanded to Arizona and California now too!  My favorite thing on their menu is by far the beef n cheddar croissant with cheese fries.  Sinfully bad and amazingly good!


Looks good, doesn't it?  Certainly.  But I have no intentions of recreating this masterpiece.  I will however give you my take on the Portillo's Chopped Salad.  

Ingredients
1 lb bacon
1/2 lb ditalini pasta
4-5 cups of romaine lettuce,chopped
1/2 head purple cabbage, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/2 head of iceburg lettuce, chopped
3 oz gorgonzola cheese chopped

Cook bacon until crispy.  I cook bacon in my dutch oven, of course :)  Set aside to cool.  Cook your pasta per the instructions on the box and let cool completely.  You could definitely cook the pasta in advance.   After the bacon and pasta are cooled, you can start combining the ingredients gently.  Super simple.  SUPER delicious.  Pick your favorite dressing.  This is our dressing of choice:


This goes fabulous with this salad!  

Enjoy friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment